Forester Awarded Australia's Best Car Gong
Date Added: 19/11/2013
Subaru's new generation All-Wheel Drive Forester 2.5i has been named Best Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) under $45,000 in the Australia's Best Cars awards.
The award from the nation's combined motoring organizations maintains Forester's status as one of the most decorated vehicles in the Australian automotive industry since its launch in 1997.
Cars were evaluated by the NRMA, RACV, RACQ, RAASA, RACWA, RACT and AANT against a broad range of criteria including: value for money, design and function, and on- the-road performance.
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: "Forester was the original Compact Sports Utility Vehicle when it was launched in 1997 and pioneered this class of vehicle.
"While many have followed since, Forester's sales success is a clear indication that its fantastic combination of durability, safety, great engineering and refinement have made it an ongoing winner for Subaru.
"Since its debut Forester has always been innovative, with landmarks like being the first SUV with a five-star ANCAP rating.
"Now many Foresters are available with the high-tech EyeSight driver assist system, which itself has won accolades for its contribution to safety.
"In fact Forester's global success is a great tribute to Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru vehicles. The new generation introduced this year added significant refinement to an already formidable package, which has been noted by our customers and, it appears, the Australia's Best Cars judges."
Among the refinements to the Forester 2.5i variant tested for the awards:
- New Lineartronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission – ultra efficient and quiet
- Lower emissions – up to 15 per cent less
- Auto Stop Start – on all normally-aspirated petrol Foresters - major contributor to economy
- Multi-Function Display – delivers new level of driver information
- Soft-touch high-quality interior trim – new level of refinement
- New generation Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive - for auto Foresters
- Increased cabin space – great comfort and convenience
- Aerodynamic efficiency – Cd of just 0.33
- Seven airbags – introduction of driver's knee airbag on every Forester
Mr Senior said the ABC judging process has long been renowned for its objectivity and is a rigorous process.
Every Forester variant has a five-star crashworthiness rating for occupant safety from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). It was the first compact SUV to achieve this rating and also the first Japanese vehicle to do so.
Forester's other recent international awards include:
- Mid Range SUV of the Year by U.K. 4x4 Magazine
- Best Car to Buy 2014 by U.S. automotive publisher High Gear Media
- 2014 Sport/Utility of the Year by U.S. Motor Trend magazine
The U.S. specification Forester previously won the Motor Trend award in 2009 and Outback in 2010, meaning Subaru is the only brand to have won the award three times.
In May 2013, the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS, a non-profit organisation supported by auto insurers in the U.S.) awarded the best possible ranking of 2013 TOP SAFETY PICK + to the Forester currently sold in the North American region.
every car from Jarvis.
New Car Free Extras
- Free 5 Year Unlimited Kilometre Jarvis Warranty
- Free 5 Year RAA Road Service
Used Car Free Extras
- Free 3 Year Unlimited Kilometre Jarvis Warranty
- Free 3 Year RAA Road Service