Fresh-Faced SKODA Yeti Arrives in Australia
Date Added: 12/05/2014
Skoda Australia has introduced a new-look Yeti to its multi-award-winning model lineup, offering all the hallmark features of the popular compact SUV Australian customers have come to know and love. The new generation Yeti is offered in both two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive variants, and come with a range of transmissions: the two-wheel drive petrol 77TSI Active, offered in six-speed manual and DSG transmissions, 90TSI Ambition model offered with a standard seven-speed DSG transmission, and the powerful all-wheel drive Outdoor variant, which boasts an enormous 350Nm from its 103TDI diesel engine and standard six-speed DSG transmission.
The updated Yeti is available in two different variants, split between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive ranges. The two-wheel drive Yetis feature a new-look front and rear bumper design, while the four-wheel drive Yeti 4x4 Outdoor maintains a more rugged, off-road look.
The two-wheel drive Yeti range is available in two specifications – the 77TSI Active, which is available with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed dual-clutch DSG transmission; and the 90TSI Ambition, which comes equipped with a seven-speed DSG transmission as standard.
The flagship model of the Yeti range, the 4x4 Outdoor variant, is equipped with a 2.0-litre 103TDI engine, paired with a six-speed DSG as standard. A signifi cant difference between the two types of Yeti variants are the front and rear bumpers, underside guard, side mouldings and door sills, which are either in the body colour or, as with the Skoda Yeti 4x4 Outdoor variation, remain in black plastic. The Skoda Yeti Outdoor also features standard silver exterior rear-view mirrors.
Top-level safety for all variants
The Skoda Yeti offers occupant safety without compromise. This compact SUV was awarded fi ve stars in the Euro NCAP crash test in 2009 for its exemplary safety features. The updated Skoda Yeti provides the same degree of safety as its predecessor, featuring systems such as ESC including ABS, braking assistant and a robust body design. Off-road, the car’s smart all-wheel-drive contributes to safe driving behaviour. In terms of passive safety, passengers are protected by a system consisting of seven airbags, five three-point safety belts, and five head restraints.
Extremely high level of standard equipment
Raising the bar even higher in the new, high-tech Yeti range, Skoda Australia is offering unprecedented levels of standard equipment across the entire model lineup. Adding a combination of function, convenience and safety, some of the key features now standard in the new Yeti include a five-inch Amundsen touch screen audio unit, rear parking sensors, Advanced Keyless Entry including Smart Start (KESSY) and a rear view camera.
About Skoda AUTO
- is one of the longest-established vehicle production companies in the world. Since 1895, the Czech headquarters in Mladá Boleslav has seen the production firstly of bicycles and then, shortly afterwards motorbikes and cars.
- currently has seven passenger car models: Citigo, Fabia, Roomster/Praktik, Rapid, Octavia, Yeti and Superb.
- delivered around 920,800 vehicles to customers worldwide in 2013.has belonged to Volkswagen since 1991. The VW Group is one of the most successful automotive groups in the world. Skoda, in association with the Group, independently manufactures and develops vehicles, as well as components, engines and gear transmissions.
- operates at three locations in the Czech Republic, produces in China, Russia, Slovakia and India mainly through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan through local partners.
- employs over 26,400 people globally and is active in more than 100 markets.
every car from Jarvis.
New Car Free Extras
- Free 5 Year Unlimited Kilometre Jarvis Warranty
- Free 5 Year RAA Road Service
Used Car Free Extras
- Free 3 Year Unlimited Kilometre Jarvis Warranty
- Free 3 Year RAA Road Service